CREDENTIAL and its partner project PRISMACLOUD are organizing a Workshop on Security, Privacy, and Identity Management in the Cloud at this year's ARES conference, the 11th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security in Salzburg/Austria.
The workshop will provide a platform to discuss topics related to the following questions:
- How can cloud services be made more trustworthy?
- How can we build distributed systems without single point of failure or trust?
- How to design end-to-end secure services in an untrusted environment?
- And is it possible to give back users full control over their data, i.e., let them decide when and to whom they are revealed?
The scientific and technical director of SAFECLOUD Hugues Mercier will be the keynote speaker in our SECPID EU Symposium. During his presentation, he will talk about "Building a Secure and Resilient Cloud Architecture: Theoretical and Practical Challenges behind the SAFECLOUD Project".
More about Hugues Mercier:
Hugues Mercier received the B.Sc. degree in mathematics from Université Laval, the M.Sc. degree in computer science from the Université de Montréal, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of British Columbia, Canada, in 2008. From 2008 to 2011, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and at McGill University. Currently, he is a research associate at the Université de Neuchâtel in Switzerland. My current interests are the applications of coding theory, information theory, combinatorics, and algorithms to the study of communication networks. He is the scientific and technical director of SafeCloud.
- Co-Creating Security-and-Privacy-by-Design Systems
Sauro Vicini, Francesco Alberti (Fondazione Centro San Raffaele, Italy), Nicolás Notario, Alberto Crespo (Atos, Spain), Juan Ramón Troncoso Pastoriza (Universidad de Vigo, Spain), Alberto Sanna (Fondazione Centro San Raffaele, Italy)
- CREDENTIAL: A Framework for Privacy-Preserving Cloud-Based Data Sharing
Felix Hörandner (Graz University of Technology, Austria), Stephan Krenn (AIT, Austria), Andrea Migliavacca (Lombardia Informatica S.p.A., Italy), Florian Thiemer (Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany), Bernd Zwattendorfer (Stiftung Secure Information and Communication Technologies, Austria)
- Cryptographically Enforced Four-Eyes Principle
Arne Bilzhause (ISL, University of Passau, Germany), Manuel Huber (Fraunhofer AISEC, Germany), Henrich C. Pöhls (ISL, University of Passau, Germany), Kai Samelin (IBM Research, TU Darmstadt, Germany)
- PRISMACLOUD Tools: A cryptographic toolbox for increasing security in cloud services
Thomas Loruenser (AIT, Austria), Daniel Slamanig (TU Graz, Austria), Thomas Länger (University of Lausanne, Switzerland), Henrich C. Poehls (Universtiy of Passau, Germany)
- Tackling the cloud adoption dilemma – A user centric concept to control cloud migration processes by using machine learning technologies
Michael Diener, Leopold Blessing (University of Regensburg, Germany), Nina Rappel (Brandenburg University of Technology, Germany)
- Towards Secure Collaboration in Federated Cloud Environments
Bojan Suzic, Andreas Reiter (Institute for Applied Information Processing and Communications, Austria)