AIT, ATOS, FOKUS, GUF, TUGRAZ, OTE, ICERT, KAU, KGH, LISPA, SIC
CREDENTIAL is an innovation action scheduled for 3 years (36 month) in the domain of security and privacy for cloud computing. This report titled “D1.5 Year 2 Management and Progress Report” gives an overview on the project’s progress and achievements between April 2017 and December 2017, i.e., in the period M19 – M27 of the project, as the previous periods of M01 – M09 and M01 – M18 have already been covered by D1.4 and the Technical Report compiled at the end of the first reporting period. As such, this document can be seen as a mid-time management report of the second reporting period.
In particular, this document contains a brief summary of the work carried out per work package and per task, as well as an overview of the resources spent by the partners.
The document is intended to give a management summary of the progress made and the status of CREDENTIAL; for technical details and more detailed information of specific results, please refer to the dedicated (technical) deliverables cited throughout the document. Furthermore, we explain the actions taken so far to address the reviewers’ feedback received during the first period review.
On a high level, the technical project status can be summarized as follows:
• WP2 – “Requirements and Use Case Analysis” has successfully finished by the end of M24.
• WP3 – “Usability, User Adoption and Privacy Aspects” is continuously monitoring the project’s progress with respect to privacy and usability aspects. The work package is fully aligned with the description of action (DoA).
• WP4 – “Secure Technology Improvement and Adaption” is closely approaching its end, and we expect all deliverables to be submitted on time and with good quality.
• WP5 – “Architecture Specifications and Implementation” is making good progress, but the defined goals turned out to be highly ambitious, resulting in a quite tight time plan in the ongoing tasks. This is closely monitored by the project’s risk management to detect critical delays or obstacles early and seek the advice of the EC when needed.
• WP6 – “Experimental Evaluation and Validation of Use Cases” is making good progress, but by definition depends on the outcomes of WP5. Therefore, the above risk management also monitors the potential impact on WP6.
• WP7 – “Exploitation and Commercialization” is ongoing and in particular is very successful with respect to standardization activities.
Besides this progress, WP1 – “Project Management” and WP8 – “Ethics Requirements” are closely following-up on the technical work packages in order to guarantee the smooth execution of the DoA or to take appropriate actions whenever needed.